BROAD RANGE OF SERVICES
ATL Disaster Recovery is a division of ATL Diversified Industries providing comprehensive emergency response and debris management and removal services from cradle to grave – including waterway debris removal and hazardous tree trimming and removal. We handle the permitting, operation, and restoration of temporary debris management sites (TDMS) with minimal impact to the environment. We offer pre-event training sessions and other planning resources to our municipal clients.
- Disaster Response Cleanup – Almost immediately after a disaster, we bring our equipment out (or instruct subcontractors) and begin clearing road ways and gathering debris to take to a TDRS (Temporary Debris Reduction Site) site.
- TDRS Management – Set up a temporary location for cleanup crews to deliver debris to be processed. Location will reduce debris through grinding, burning, or other means.
- Monitoring: Organize, Label, Record, and Track Debris - Trucks delivering debris to a processing site are measured and labelled for use in collection, and that data is used to determine delivery quantities as each truck delivers the debris. This data is used for billing. purposes.
Our General Contracting Services Division provides waterway restoration and marine construction – including riprap installation, gabion basket installation, turf reinforcement mat, and sheet pile installation – on both canal banks and ocean shorelines, as well as dredging, grading, and fill compaction. We also offer the full range of site preparation services, including demolition, land clearing, and soil compaction services to a wide range of city and state governments, governmental agencies, and private contractors.
- Canal Remediation/Cleanup & Bank Stabilization – Erosion and other natural disturbances wear down canal banks over time. We regrade the canals per contract specs to encourage bank stabilization in addition to the aesthetic benefits. Then we typically install turbidity reinforcement mats along the bank that force the bank to retain its newly graded slope, and prevents further erosion. Finally, we either lay sod, hydroseed, or both along the canal bank. Other means of bank stabilization that we perform are gabion baskets (large metal net baskets that are filled with rock and wired shut, placed like building blocks along canal banks to prevent erosion) and installing concrete walls. This service will always be done in the manner that the contract dictates.
- Land Clearing/Excavation/Demolition – Large scale tree and vegetation removal. Demolition of buildings and structures. Grading areas and installing fill as needed. Removing fill and digging ponds, lakes, or canals and grading to contract specification.
ATL’s Arborist & Environmental Services Division handles environmentally sensitive projects, such as those requiring special environmental protection procedures, hazardous material containment and disposal, and/or environmental monitoring. We have successfully completed projects for the Department of Environmental Protection, the Indian River Mosquito Control District, the South Florida Water Management District, and the Brevard County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program, among others. ATL also provides ISA-certified arborists and tree trimmers experienced in the preservation of native vegetation and exotic removal.
- Natural Areas Establishment/Nuisance Exotics Removal – Excavate and remove invasive or unwanted plants from parks or other areas. Order, Plant, Establish, and Maintain native(wanted) plants in parks. Dig mud flats and install oyster beds to encourage natural recruitment of native and beneficial plants and animal life.
- Arborist Services – We satisfy contracts with various companies to trim trees. This involves going to the site and observing which trees need to be trimmed and the locations of the cuts by an experienced tree trimmer. Next is making the correct cuts, gathering up the debris, chipping the debris, and bringing the mulch to our sites (or leaving it there at the owner’s request). We also perform stump removals where needed.